Shawn's stories from "The Manatee"
- Petitcodiac senior offers first-born to defer nursing home costs
- Most older NB adults suffer from teenager-illiteracy
- Point Lepreau output still insufficient for time travel
- Rothesay mystery solved, man was father of bride
- NB senators suffering from rare ‘reality show’ disorder
- Annual moose draw to become artistic competition
- Cow-tipping at record levels this prom season
- Cancellation of DNA machines ‘definitely not’ alien conspiracy: Boudreau
- ‘The Manatee’ readers outraged by NB limits on public smoking
- Smoking in public before 8 p.m. to be illegal starting July 1
- Saint John celebrating 230 years of mixed feelings
- Norton: ‘Uptown Funk’ song not about Saint John smell
- ‘Gas Guru’ accused of witchcraft
- NB Liberals pissing everyone off again
- Deer demand humans calm the hell down
- Corridor Resources stops fracking, harvesting methane from manure instead
- God happy to no longer attend boring city council meetings
- New Brunswick health minister unhappy about Horizon CEO’s Instagram profile
This story that was recently posted to the satirical blog, The Manatee, involved quite a bit of research to make sure the science was close to being correct. I used Purdue University's Impact Earth calculator and a couple of other similar tools to dream up the near-perfect scenario for wiping out New Brunswick. Then, I asked the question if we could save everyone's lives but the whole province was still wiped out, how would people react? ;-) http://themanatee.net/2015/03/11/nb-to-be-devastated-by-comet-impact-canadians-indifferent/
My latest satirical contribution to The Manatee was inspired by a recent shopping visit to our family's favourite store. http://themanatee.net/2015/03/03/frenchys-to-take-over-nb-target-stores/
My latest satirical contribution to The Manatee is March Break inspired. Who likes it more - the kids or the teachers? http://themanatee.net/2015/02/28/nb-teachers-sick-of-students-thankful-for-march-break/
Here's my latest contribution to the satirical magazine, The Manatee, inspired by the relentless snow we've been getting this winter - http://themanatee.net/2015/02/19/snowbound-mlas-devolve-legislature-into-lawless-state-of-nature/ .
I've taken a break from blogging for a while now, but I recently volunteered as a contributor to the NB-themed satirical news site, The Manatee. Here is my first story, posted on February 16 - http://themanatee.net/2015/02/16/fitch-says-premier-irresponsible-dreamy/ .